Where to find Simoncello? Where, oh, where? With so many queries, it’s about time we posted a list of all our markets and restaurants with links to their Facebook pages. Here goes:
1. City Bowl Evening Market on Hope - every Thursday evening 16h30-20h30
2. Stellenbosch Slowmarket - every Saturday 09h00-14h00
3. Market at the Palms - every second Saturday 09h00-14h00 from 1 November 2012
4. River Club Boutique Market – first Sunday every two months 10h00-16h00
5. Darling Creative Market – second Saturday of every month 10h00-14h00
6. Last but not least, Ferdinando’s Pizza - our restaurant stockist in Loader Street, De Waterkant
We’re just loving being part of the new City Bowl Market on Hope on Thursday evenings, not to mention the Stellenbosch Slowmarket on Saturday mornings. Our very first day at the Slowmarket last Saturday was A+ amazing! A RECORD NUMBER of chococello shots was sold, and lemon curd and limoncello were hot on their heels. Yeehah!
Oh yes, there is a new member of the Simoncello family – crema di limone, or lemon curd, and it’s to-die-for doll.
Each one of the cute little bottles is individually decorated with an Ebony&Ivory ribbon – just choose the one that suits your mood of the day.
And in case you haven’t yet uncovered the versatility of this creamy lemony yummy sweetness…it’s great on toast for breakfast, lunch and supper; use it as a filling for a vanilla sponge cake, cupcakes, home made donuts or lemon meringue pie; add some to whipped cream to make a lemon mousse; spread it thickly over crumpets dripping with butter; add a dollop to greek yoghurt for breakfast, or to ice-cream for pud, or to a blueberry, creme fraiche and nutella pancake for tea; use it as a topping for a lemon cheescake; mix it with some tarragon and you have a delish fish sauce; or just eat it by the spoonful out the jar when no-one’s looking…
You really can’t go wrong, whatever you choose to do with it…
Simoncello – all in the name of a smile or three. Mmm mmm mmm.